When the weather is warm and the days are longer, it becomes easier to incorporate healthy routines into your everyday life. Even if you work a traditional 9-5 job, there are still options for you to stay active during the day. Here are a few ways that you can make sure that you take advantage of the summer weather and stay healthy while you are at work.
- Get outdoors. Of course you can’t spend the entire workday outside, but you can take advantage of your breaks to get out of the office. Take a little walk and eat your lunch outside. There are also many different things that you can do to stay active during your lunch break, especially at Corporate Park. Organize a walking club within your office so that you can spend some time outdoors. Explore the beautiful grounds and get some fresh air. Or, rent out the basketball or tennis courts for your lunch break or right after work. You can enjoy some friendly competition with coworkers and stay energized for the rest of the workday or the night.
- Ask about summer hours. Some companies allow employees to work earlier hours or leave work early on Fridays in the summertime. While this might not be the case for your company, you could ask about it. If you have summer hours, take advantage of them. Do something active after work and enjoy the summer.
- Use a standing desk. Within your office, you could also remain active. One way to do this is by using a standing desk during part or all of your workday. This is a great way stay on your feet, strengthen your muscles, and burn more calories.
- Take breaks. To stay healthy at work, taking breaks is important. Instead of sending an email to a coworker, consider walking to their office once in a while to get your muscles working. You can also walk to the bathroom on a different floor or to refill your water bottle. Taking a few seconds to look away from you screen is also a good idea to give your eyes a break.
- Stay hydrated. Don’t get so sucked into what you are doing that you avoid staying hydrated. Drinking plenty of water can go a long way in your health and it can prepare you for an active lifestyle.
- Find a workout buddy. If you are struggling to get to the gym and stay active, find someone to go with you. Talk to a coworker or a friend and motivate each other to stay healthy. A workout buddy can be a great way to stay active this summer.
Taking advantage of the summer weather to say active is possible, even if you have to work during the day. These indoor and outdoor suggestions can help you stay fit and take advantage of the summer. For more information about getting healthy, contact our office.